We at Wayne Wright LLP represent the victims of drunk or drugged driving accidents. Our experienced San Antonio personal injury attorneys want to help you seek justice and compensation.
A driver who is impaired by alcohol or drugs is a severe danger to:
- Other drivers on the road
- Other drivers’ passengers
- Passengers of the drunk driver
- Bicyclists and motorcyclists
A drunk or drugged driving accident may result in a motorcycle, truck, bicycle, or a pedestrian accident. The attorneys in our Austin, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Houston, and San Antonio offices handle all of these motor vehicle cases.
Damages and Costs Caused by Drivers Under the Influence
We represent victims of accidents caused by drivers under the influence. Our attorneys can file a personal injury claim for you. If you’ve lost a loved one, a wrongful death action may be appropriate. Our attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve for:
- Medical care
- Nursing/home care
- Lost income
- Property damage
Drunk Driving Is a Crime
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) resulting in an accident causing serious bodily injury is a third-degree felony in Texas. Driving while intoxicated and causing an accident in which a death occurs is a second-degree felony, known as “intoxication manslaughter” or “manslaughter with use of a deadly weapon” in Texas. If you have questions about your accident, contact our attorneys to find out more.
Driving While Impaired Must Be Stopped
No matter what type of vehicle was involved in your drunk/drugged driving accident, our attorneys can help you. Our legal areas of practice include:
- Truck accidents
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Train accidents
- Boating accidents
- Airplane and other aircraft accidents
Pertinent Drunk Driving Statistics
Here are some unsettling statistics about drunk driving:
- 1.4 million drivers were arrested in the United States in 2003 for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, affecting 1 out of every 139 licensed drivers in the United States.
- Alcohol was involved in 39 percent of the traffic fatalities that occurred nationwide in 2005.
- Alcohol was involved in 45 percent of the traffic fatalities that occurred in Texas the same year.
Experienced in DWI or DUI Cases
Contact Wayne Wright LLP offices in Austin, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Houston, or San Antonio today for free legal advice. Our attorneys can help you seek compensation from those at fault. Call us today at 800-237-3334.