Experience Works For You
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, contact a skilled car accident attorney at Wayne Wright LLP in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Austin, or El Paso. Our auto accident attorneys have experience in bodily injury claims. If you have been injured in an auto accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to a monetary recovery.
If you were not at fault in your accident, and if you sustained injuries as a result of the accident, contact our firm. Your injuries may range from soft tissue injuries to major injuries, or even death. You may also be entitled to a recovery if the accident worsened a pre-existing condition. For more helpful information about auto accidents in Texas, see:
- Do You Know What You’re Entitled to After a Car Crash in Texas?
- Did an Auto Accident Leave Your Head Spinning? Get Justice!
- Auto Accident FAQs Answered By Our Office
In most states, you have the right to recover bodily injury or property damages from the negligent driver. This means that there must be a determination of which driver is at fault. The at-fault driver is responsible for monetary compensation for your injuries and damages. However, even if the other driver is at fault and you have sustained bodily injury, the law does not guarantee a recovery. You, the plaintiff or injured party, bear the burden to prove your injury and that it was a result of the auto accident.
Basic elements of a bodily injury claim:
- Liability / Fault There are various ways to determine liability: police or accident report; witness statements; and accident scene investigations. If two drivers say the other is at fault, the unsubstantiated word of one driver is not enough to determine liability.
- Injury Injuries must also be proven, typically through medical treatment and medical records and bills.
- Monetary Recovery / Compensation In a bodily injury claim, the at-fault person’s motor vehicle insurance is typically the source for any recovery. If the at-fault person does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance, there may be some other options for potential recovery.
At Wayne Wright LLP, we help our San Antonio car accidents clients get the medical attention they need. We will find doctors in your area to help you. The physician determines what is medically necessary. These doctors work with other specialists and with diagnostic centers, MRI facilities, therapists, etc.
With or without a letter of protection, you must work with your doctor to make sure you get the care you need. You must communicate with your health care providers if you are not feeling better, if you are not satisfied, or if you have questions, need appointments, etc. We will obtain your medical records and bills.
Medical Bill Recovery
We will present your claim for evaluation by the at-fault person’s insurance company and will negotiate a possible recovery on your behalf. This is a very involved process.
During your medical treatment, we gather all of your medical bills, records, lost wage claims and other evidence related to injuries sustained from the accident. We will determine from your doctor if there are any anticipated future medical expenses related to your injuries. Once you have completed your medical treatment, we compile and evaluate this information and present it to the insurance carrier in a demand package. The amount of money we demand on your behalf depends on many different factors.
Hurt in a Car Crash? Contact Wayne Wright Today
Once the insurance company receives our demand package and evaluates your claim, they will contact a Wayne Wright LLP car accidents lawyer to begin negotiations. An insurance adjuster at the at-fault driver’s insurance company will contact us with an offer for recovery. One of our experienced Corpus Christi / San Antonio auto accident attorneys will evaluate the offer and may make a counter offer, negotiating on your behalf. There may be several offers and demands made. We will keep you informed of status and negotiations. The insurance company may also request additional information, lengthening this process.