Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 210-888-8888
Wayne Wright LLP
Call: 210-888-8888
Toll Free: 800-237-3334

How to Get Paid If a Job-Related Injury Prevents You From Working

Comments (1)

It’s something you never want to have happen. You show up to work one day and without warning, something goes terribly wrong. Suddenly, you are badly injured and your life is changed forever.

In addition to the pain you have to endure, you’re also worried about your future. How will you continue to make money? Where will you get the resources to support your family?

Filing a Claim After a Worksite Injury in Texas

When something goes wrong, you need to file a claim. There are two types of compensation that you could be eligible to receive, in addition to coverage of your medical bills relating to the injury:

  • Past Lost Wages. Past lost wages include all of the money that you lost as a result of the worksite injury. To get these, you must show how many hours of work you missed because of your injury and how much you were getting paid. Your employer’s insurance company will often try to claim that you missed work for reasons unrelated to your injury. If they win, you could lose a significant portion of the money that you are entitled to receive.
  • Future Lost Wages. If your injury is expected to last long term or permanently, you could claim loss of future wages. It’s also possible to file a claim for reduced earning capacity if you will be able to return to work in the future but will not be able to perform a job that pays as well as the one you had. Any claim for lost future wages is difficult to win because it requires extensive documentation from your doctors. Sometimes, you also need to recruit the help of expert witnesses.

Speak With a San Antonio Worksite Injury Lawyer

Getting enough compensation to cover the cost of your lost wages is not as easy as it might initially seem. While you work to heal from your injuries, you also must fight your employer’s insurance company.

Having a lawyer familiar with the complexities of worksite injury claims can help. Call our Texas worksite injury lawyers at 210-888-8888 to find out if your case qualifies for lost wages. We’ll work with you to prepare a strong case that is difficult for your employer’s insurance company to deny.

I'm looking for an attorney for my mother who lives in Brownwood, TX. Its a really long story, but elevator version is she was hurt on the job, the work didn't have workman's comp insurance so they have refused to pay for surgery. Doctor that she was sent to by work put her on restrictions until it got unbearable to work. She took FMLA from March 6-April 29, and provided a doctors note (April 25) to return to work with restrictions beginning on April 29. Received an email from the corporate office for her not to return to work on the 29th because her case was being reviewed due to restrictions. She was terminated on June 1 due to "using all of her FMLA" but she could reapply when she had a doctors note stating she could return (which she already provided them and was told not to return). Please give me a call at 210-862-7413 and I can go into more detail if you are interesting in representing her.
Posted by Monica Faircloth on June 15, 2017 at 05:40 PM

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.