Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 210-888-8888
Wayne Wright LLP
Call: 210-888-8888
Toll Free: 800-237-3334

What if the at-fault person in my auto accident does not have insurance?

car on open roadIf the at-fault driver does not have automobile insurance, they probably do not have any other assets to compensate you. If you have uninsured motorist coverage (UM), you can recover for your damages. UM is an optional coverage you purchase to protect yourself against drivers who break the law by not carrying any automobile insurance coverage. Use of your UM coverage should not raise your insurance rates because this is a no-fault claim, meaning you are not responsible for your damages. Wayne Wright LLP can assist you with this type of claim. If you do not have UM coverage, we highly recommend that you purchase it.