The number of people who can be named in a wrongful death lawsuit is nearly limitless. Depending on your circumstances, you can name people, businesses, corporate entities, or even governments in a wrongful death action, or you can sue a combination of people and entities who share fault for the death.
The people or entities named in your claim will depend on the details of your case. For instance, if a loved one was killed in a car accident when he was struck by a drunk driver, possible defendants in your wrongful death claim might include:
- The drunk driver
- The drunk driver’s insurance company
- The person who served alcohol to the impaired driver
- The owner of the bar or restaurant where the driver was served an excessive amount of alcohol
- Municipalities (if road defects, improper maintenance, or other road conditions played a role in the crash)
- Construction companies or roadway designers (if a steep curve or other roadway defect worsened injuries)
- Government agencies (if there was a failure to warn of road hazards that factored into the accident)
- Car companies (if manufacturing defects such as a faulty seat belt or stuck accelerator pedal caused the deceased to suffer injuries that might not have been fatal)
We Can Help Determine Who Is to Blame for Your Loved One’s Death
By filing a wrongful death claim, families can get compensation for their losses, but can also bring harsh fines and penalties against the responsible party to ensure the mistake does not happen again. The attorneys at Wayne Wright LLP can get you the justice you deserve, and you will not pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 800-237-3334 for a free case evaluation.