Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 210-888-8888
Wayne Wright LLP
Call: 210-888-8888
Toll Free: 800-237-3334

Who should pay for my time off work after a truck accident?

After a car accident, drivers generally rely on their insurance coverage to pay for their injuries and the damage to their cars. However, an accident with a big rig can cause serious or even permanent injuries, and a driver’s insurance may not be enough to cover the damage.


Here are a few parties who could be liable for your medical bills and time off work after a truck crash:

  • Truckers. A truck driver who is driving under the influence, speeding, driving distracted, or has spent too many hours behind the wheel may be held responsible for causing the crash.
  • The trucking company. The freight company may be guilty of negligence if it allowed an unsafe rig onto the road or did not properly train its truck drivers.
  • Third-party contractors. Trucking companies deal with many subsidiary contractors to provide maintenance on their vehicles and load cargo into trailers.
  • Manufacturers. In some cases, a crash may be caused by a defective piece of equipment on the rig, such as a worn tire, brake line, or other faulty parts.
  • Other drivers. While you may have been struck by the semi, it is possible that another driver on the road was at fault for causing the crash.
  • Public entities. Municipal bodies have a duty to ensure the safety of their roads. You may be able to hold a city, county, or state government responsible for your injury costs if the road was poorly designed or maintained.

We Can Help You Determine Who Is at Fault

If you were involved in an accident with a semi, you should have the incident investigated as soon as possible in order to determine who was at fault. Fill out the quick contact form on this page to have an attorney at Wayne Wright come directly to you and begin gathering evidence in your case. Your contact with us is free, and you don’t owe us anything unless we recover for you.