Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 210-888-8888
Wayne Wright LLP
Call: 210-888-8888
Toll Free: 800-237-3334

Does Your Claim Fall Under the False Claims Act?

It’s bad enough when someone else has wronged you. When you’re living with the burden of knowing that the wrongdoing cheats the United States government or the state of Texas, you know you need to say something. How do you know that the person will not retaliate against you?

Introducing the False Claims Act

The False Claims Act was created to protect you by law against retaliation. This act allows you to bring a claim against someone in the government. You are allowed to blow the whistle on a claim even when you are not personally wronged. If your case is successful, you are entitled to receive a bounty for publicly exposing the wrongdoing. This bounty can be as high as 30 percent of what the government recovered.

If a person tries to retaliate against you for the investigation, you are legally protected. As the whistleblower, you can file a suit against the person who retaliated against you. Sometimes, this enables you to receive as much as double your damages plus your attorney fees.

Two Types of Claims Under the False Claims Act

There are two types of whistleblower claims that you can file:

  • When someone cheats the United States government. You are federally protected under the False Claims Act for blowing the whistle on someone who cheats the federal government.
  • When someone cheats the state of Texas or a city government in Texas. There are only 29 states in the country that have False Claims Acts. Texas is one of them. This means that you are protected when you blow the whistle on someone who has cheated the state government or a municipal government in Texas.

These types of cases are complex and overwhelming. Get help from attorneys who understand what you’re up against and what’s on the line. At Wayne Wright LLP, we help whistleblowers maintain their rights under this act while exposing the people who engage in wrongdoing. Call us at 210-888-888 to discuss the details of your case.